NEW PATIENT INFORMATION
Get ready for your upcoming appointment.
Have questions or concerns? Feel free to call us at 510-597-9923 or email us at [email protected]
What to Expect at Your Appointment
- New patient appointments range between 1.5 to 2 hours and includes an in-depth consultation + the acupuncture treatment. Follow-up treatments typically range between 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Your practitioner may also prescribe herbs & supplement. Cost varies.
- We recommend that you wear loose and comfortable clothing, however, we do have gowns and shorts available for your use.
- We also recommend that you refrain from any vigorous activity after your appointment.
- Acupuncture for Beauty Appointments - Download the About ABF Handout.
- Please note, we are still requiring a face mask in all common areas. You can discuss unmasking (or not) while in your treatment room with your acupuncturist. We have surgical masks available if you forget.
New Patient Paperwork
Please fill out your New Patient Intake forms online, at least two (2) days prior to your appointment.
Downloadable Copies of Patient Policies & Fees
- Covid-19 Protocols: Guidelines for Your In-Person Acupuncture Treatment
- Informed Consent to Treat
- Treatment Fee Schedule
- Late Cancellation Fees
How to Find Us
4341 Piedmont Avenue, Oakland, CA
e: [email protected]
We are located on the 2nd floor with elevator access.
Our Front Desk is staffed
Mon - Fri from 9 am to 5 pm
Sat 9am -3:30pm
If your appointment is outside of these hours, or you arrive and our front desk staff is unavailable:
- Text: 510-597-9923 to alert your practitioner of your arrival
- Then have a seat and your practitioner will be out momentarily.
Late Cancellation Policy
We understand that life is complicated and unexpected things happen. Nonetheless, we require 24 hours advanced notice for appointment cancellations, and charge a fee for late cancellations and no shows.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, do so before the 24 hour window to avoid being charged the late fee.
In addition, because another patient is likely to be scheduled after you, we may not be able to treat you if you arrive 15 or more minutes late for your appointment. Though we will do our best to work you in, if we cannot, this may result in a missed appointment fee.
See exceptions in Covid Precautions
This fee is only waived for exceptional extenuating circumstances such as hospitalization, death in the family, etc.
Cancel your appointment:
- If you begin to experience Covid-like symptoms.
- Are exposed to someone who is positive for Covid.
- Or test positive for Covid yourself .
You will not be charged a late cancel fee.
You may reschedule after you have quarantined for the recommended amount of time.
We ask that all staff and clients wear a surgical, N95, KN95 or comparable mask while in common areas of the clinic regardless of vaccination status. If you arrive without a mask, or with a cloth mask, we will provide you with a surgical mask to wear.
Energy Matters accepts many Cigna plans, workers’ compensation, and personal injury claims. We are happy to help you verify your level of insurance coverage. Once verified, we will submit your claims for reimbursement.
We do not currently accept out-of-network plans but can provide you with a detailed superbill to help you self-file.
Read our full policy on insurance coverage.
There is a parking lot next door to the building with five (5) spots marked for Energy Matters.
If all our parking spots are taken, there is metered parking on Piedmont Avenue and unmetered parking on Pleasant Valley and in the surrounding neighborhoods.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON MY FIRST VISIT?
DOES ACUPUNCTURE HURT?
IS ACUPUNCTURE SAFE?
IS ACUPUNCTURE SAFE DURING PREGNANCY?
DO YOU USE DISPOSABLE NEEDLES?
ARE YOU PRACTITIONERS LICENSED?
HOW MUCH TRAINING DO PRACTITIONERS HAVE?
HOW DOES ACUPUNCTURE WORK?
DO I HAVE TO BELIEVE IN ACUPUNCTURE FOR IT TO WORK?
HOW SOON CAN I EXPECT RESULTS?
DOES ALL CHINESE MEDICINE INVOLVE NEEDLES?
Have you reserved your appointment yet?
Book your appointment online today. Have more questions, give us a call:
4341 Piedmont Avenue, Ste 202
Oakland, CA 94611
e: [email protected]